Have you ever wondered what happens to all those research papers, theses, and scientific literature produced at universities over the years? We did too! This is why we created IGOR^AI, our AI-powered technology search engine that finds solutions and innovations quickly and easily by reading millions of scientific publications, patents & webpages. We are looking for a technology scout with an engineering background that is excited to work with IGOR^AI to help dozens of multinationals and SMEs to innovate more effectively.
We are looking for technology enthusiasts eager to work at an energetic startup, willing to learn a lot about new technology and celebrate (with cake) each innovation we contribute to. At Findest, you will be responsible for solving our clients' technical challenges on a full-time basis. You will learn to use our internal search engine IGOR^AI to quickly get an overview of all technical solutions for our client's challenges.
You will be end-to-end responsible for a client's technology scouting pipeline:
We will teach you how to interview our clients, understand and rewrite technical challenges according to methods such as Systems Engineering Design, technology decomposition, and innovation management. Furthermore, you will actively work together with our (AI) developers to improve IGOR^AI continuously.
Curious to see what you will deliver? Read about projects on heat integration (together with Institute of Sustainable Process and Technology - ISPT) or reducing CO2 emissions by our technology scouts.
Why should you apply?
- You have a strong engineering background (MSc. or Ph.D.) in mechanical, aerospace, industrial, robotics, or mechatronics.
- You are genuinely curious about new technology and product innovation in a broad range of applications.
- You can communicate technical principles to both engineers as well as non-technical individuals.
- By nature, you love quickly finding the most relevant information in any search engine.
- You like to work on lots and lots of topics for different industries.
- You are curious and eager to learn, you love Wikipedia, and are always open to new information.
- Fluent in English and based in the Netherlands.
Why should you apply?
- You are keen to work on the most significant innovation challenges companies are facing such as CO2 reduction, sustainable materials and energy storage.
- You want to contribute to the development of the IGOR^AI software actively.
- You thrive on the freedom and ability to help shape the organization.
- You like change and reinventing your work to make your life easier.
- You are looking for a startup environment where you get responsibility quick, and learn fast.
- You don’t mind open and honest communication across the team.
- You love to become part of a rapidly growing and goal-oriented organization with lots of celebrative events and (digital) Friday drinks.
- Once Covid is over, you enjoy excellent coffee, tea and a healthy lunch.
- You will be incentivized to develop the company with us.
A sneak peek in the Findest company culture...
Findest wants to create impact by setting the goal to contribute to 10.000 innovations within ten years. Findest bridges the gap between research and innovation by supporting clients to find the best solution for their R&D challenges. This bridging function is enabled by IGOR^AI, our in-house developed intelligent software engine. Our growing team (>30) consists of eager, enthusiastic, and experienced tech-savvy people. We work on new ways to turn science and technology into practical innovations at hundreds of companies, both SMEs and multinationals.