Have you ever wondered what happens to all those research papers, theses, and scientific literature produced at universities over the years? We did too! This is why we created IGOR^AI, our AI-powered technology scout, that finds solutions and innovations quickly and easily by reading millions of scientific publications, patents & webpages. We have many features awaiting that will help to find technologies even more rapidly. Therefore, we are looking for an NLP Software Engineer to accelerate IGOR^AI to become more intelligent by the day!
Every day, our search engine IGOR^AI is used to find technologies to accelerate innovation at hundreds of companies rapidly. As an NLP software engineer, you will contribute to IGOR^AI directly. Your primary focus will be R&D projects with longer durations, but you will also apply your knowledge to the day-to-day development of IGOR^AI. You will join R&D projects that focus on creating a huge knowledge base consisting of millions of technologies that is full of innovative information. The knowledge is extracted from millions of textual documents from science, patents, and web-based data. With this knowledge base, we will shorten the time to find technologies & technological information.
Aside from R&D projects, you and the development team will work on the features and functionalities of IGOR^AI. These features and functionalities are primarily related to extracting technologies and technological information from large amounts of documents to speed up the process of innovation at our clients, such as ASML, Engie, BMW, and Heineken.
In your day-to-day work you will:
Why should you apply?
- MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Human Language Technology, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, or other relevant fields.
- You have 3 years of experience in designing algorithms and models in the area of NLP.
- Communicate and discuss technical progress with a cross-functional team.
- You have experience in building models in Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras.
- Excellent coding skills in Python.
- Experience with transformer models such as BERT.
- Fluent in English.
Why should you apply?
- You like to use your research capabilities and turn them into practical solutions.
- You like to push state-of-the-art technologies to accomplish exciting results.
- You prefer to immerse yourself in a longer-term project.
- You thrive on the freedom and ability to help shape the organization.
- You don’t mind open communication across the team.
- You want to contribute to innovations for a sustainable future to reduce energy, lower carbon footprint or biobased plastics.
- You love to become part of a rapidly growing and goal-oriented organization with lots of celebraitive events and (digital) Friday drinks.
- Once Covid is over, you enjoy excellent coffee, tea, and a healthy lunch.
- You will be incentivized to develop our company with us.
A sneak peek in the Findest company culture...
Findest wants to create impact by setting the goal to contribute to 10.000 innovations within ten years. Findest bridges the gap between research and innovation by supporting clients to find the best solution for their R&D challenges. This bridging function is enabled by IGOR^AI, our in-house developed intelligent software engine. Our growing team (>30) consists of eager, enthusiastic, and experienced tech-savvy people. We work on new ways to turn science and technology into practical innovations at hundreds of companies, both SMEs and multinationals.