Have you ever wondered what happens to all those research papers, theses, and scientific literature produced at universities over the years? We did too! This is why we created IGOR^AI, our AI-powered technology scout that finds solutions and innovations quickly and easily by reading millions of scientific publications, patents & web pages. IGOR^AI is getting more and more advanced, and the development team is growing rapidly. That is why we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer that can align the development team for Scaling IGOR^AI.
Since Findest was founded in 2017, we have built our search engine IGOR^AI with a highly talented and eager software development team. As the company is scaling rapidly, it is time to professionalize the workflow while maintaining the startup mindset. As Lead Software Engineer, you will play a vital role in scaling the development operations, including transforming the scrum/agile workflow. You will work together directly with the founders in setting long term goals, and driving the development team to deliver on team OKRs on the technology roadmap. Furthermore, you will co-develop IGOR^AI with other software engineers and manage the day-to-day operations of the development team.
In your day-to-day work as Lead Software Engineer, you will:
Why should you apply?
- BSc/MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science or related work experience,
- 8+ years of experience working in teams,
- 2+ years experience in leading a software engineering team,
- 2+ years experience with C# and .Net,
- Significant experience using Object-Oriented Programming,
- Hands-on knowledge with web technologies and creating scalable APIs,
- Strong expertise in working in an agile development environment and applying best practices,
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a great understanding of testing best practices,
- Python, Kubernetes, and Selenium is a plus,
- You can communicate and discuss technical progress with cross-functional teams,
- Fluent in English,
- A good sense of humor!
Why should you apply?
- You get excited to join a startup company on the verge of scaling,
- You are looking for compensation in both salary and company shares (+ a good pension),
- You are energized by sharing your experience and bringing a whole team to a better level,
- You are eager to bring startup-level tech to a professional stage,
- You will directly help the most valuable companies of the world innovate,
- You thrive on the freedom and ability to help shape the organization,
- You are an excellent communicator both with other engineers and cross-functionally,
- You are looking for a rapidly growing and goal-oriented organization that emphasizes company culture (innovation celebrations, Friday drinks, healthy communal lunch).
A sneak peek in the Findest company culture...
Findest wants to create impact by setting the goal to contribute to 10.000 innovations within ten years. Findest bridges the gap between research and innovation by supporting clients to find the best solution for their R&D challenges. This bridging function is enabled by IGOR^AI, our in-house developed intelligent software engine. Our growing team (>30) consists of eager, enthusiastic, and experienced tech-savvy people. We work on new ways to turn science and technology into practical innovations at hundreds of companies, both SMEs and multinationals.