Have you ever wondered what happens to all those research papers, theses, and scientific literature produced at universities over the years? We did too! This is why we created IGOR^AI, our AI-powered technology search engine that finds solutions and innovations quickly and easily by reading millions of scientific publications, patents & webpages. We are looking for a junior technology & innovation scout that is excited to work with IGOR^AI to help dozens of multinationals and SMEs to innovate more effectively.
We are looking for technology enthusiasts eager to work at an energetic startup, willing to learn lots of new technologies and celebrate (with Slagroomtaart) each innovation we contribute to. At Findest, you will work on various technical challenges from companies like ASML, Heineken, Shell, BMW & Unilever. You will learn to use our internal search engine IGOR^AI to quickly get an overview of all technical solutions - and - dive into the details of those technologies. You will be at the heart of finding solutions to kick off our clients innovation process.
As a Junior Technology Scout, you will assist the Findest Technology Scouts with their technology scouting projects. These can be activities like:
Furthermore, you will actively work together with our (AI) developers to continuously improve IGOR^AI and make your job, and that of other IGOR^AI users more effective.
Curious to see what topics you will work on? Read about projects on heat integration (together with Institute of Sustainable Process and Technology - ISPT) or reducing CO2 emissions by our technology scouts.
Why should you apply?
- You have a strong background in natural science or engineering at BSc. or MSc. (HBO/WO) level, preferably in chemistry, process technology, or material science.
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- You are genuinely curious about new technology and product innovation in a broad range of applications.
- You can communicate technical principles to both engineers as well as non-technical individuals.
- By nature, you ace quickly finding the most relevant information in any search engine or knowledge repository.
- You like to work on lots and lots of topics with a rapid pace on a yearly basis.
- You can work focused and are able to switch between topics easily.
- You are curious and eager to learn, you love Wikipedia, and are always open to new information.
- Fluent in English.
- Located in the Netherlands.
- A good sense of humor!
Why should you apply?
- You are keen to work on the most significant innovation challenges companies are facing such as biobased and circular chemistry, new polymers, and improving chemical processes.
- You want to contribute to the development of the IGOR^AI software actively.
- You thrive on the freedom and ability to help shape the organization.
- You are looking for a startup environment where you get responsibility quick, and learn fast.
- You don’t mind open and honest communication across the team.
- You love to become part of a rapidly growing and goal-oriented organization with lots of celebrative events and (digital) Friday drinks.
- Enjoy excellent coffee, tea and a healthy lunch.
- You will be incentivized to develop our company with us.
A sneak peek in the Findest company culture...
Findest wants to create impact by setting the goal to contribute to 10.000 innovations within ten years. Findest bridges the gap between research and innovation by supporting clients to find the best solution for their R&D challenges. This bridging function is enabled by IGOR^AI, our in-house developed intelligent software engine. Our growing team (>30) consists of eager, enthusiastic, and experienced tech-savvy people. We work on new ways to turn science and technology into practical innovations at hundreds of companies, both SMEs and multinationals.